Dating back to 1774, The Chequers was originally used as a farmhouse on a 40 acre farm which included a slaughterhouse. Taken over by the St. Albans brewer in 1820, by 1871 the grounds also included a lodge, a thatch barn and a cattle barn. Granted its full license in 1919, The Chequers is now also a grade two listed building.
Bragbury End, Stevenage, Hertfordshire,
SG2 8THGet Directions