The Black Horse
The original building was an inn that refreshed and accommodated pilgrims to the chapel dedicated to St. Thomas in 1221 travelling through Pilgrims Hatch. The Black Horse was built in around the 16th century as a small hall house, with a cross wing at the northern end, and a southern wing being added in the 17th century.
420 Ongar Road, Pilgrims Hatch, Brentwood, Essex,
CM15 9JNGet Directions